Each generation of our R1 has been an evolution of the original, but with R1 Mk4 we wanted it to be more progressive both in design and performance.
Using a precision moulding process has allowed us to gently profile the enclosure providing a fresh new look and the perfect surface for our new Light Cream and Espresso finishes. With acoustic treatment the enclosure is sturdy and acoustically inert, providing the ideal housing for our electronics and NS+ driver.
Enhancing the design further is a beautiful hand-crafted slatted wood grille. This brings added sophistication and creates a timeless Eames like vibe, but overall, the design is still unique and distinctly Ruark.
Our previous R1 models were critically acclaimed for their sound, but with R1 Mk4 we have further raised the bar! With our heritage in high-fidelity loudspeakers we understand the complexities of enclosure and drive unit design and making sure that both are matched to each other. In particular our latest neodymium NS+ driver, as used in our R3 and R5 models, provides a smooth and extended frequency response and in R1 Mk4’s tuned enclosure delivers an impressive bass performance.
Driving the system is a punchy Class A/B linear amplifier for exceptional dynamics and with adaptive equalisation an eminently listenable sound is provided at all volume levels.
Our crisp OLED display clearly shows time, alarm and programme information and auto adjusts to suit ambient light levels, making it a perfect bedside companion. Radio reception is excellent, and a Bluetooth receiver allows you to enjoy R1’s great sound when streaming from your phone or computer.
FM parameters can be set to suit US and Japanese needs and a multilingual user interface makes R1 a truly international proposition. Also with a real time clock built in, time and date are kept active when power is disconnected or when transmitted data is not available.
The list of features continues, but other highlights include a USB-C charge/shuffle playback port, headphone output, switchable line input and of course our trademark RotoDial control system. Finally, for those seeking distant operation, we have an optional compact remote control available.
As we said back in 2006, radio never sounded or looked this good.
- Class leading sound with adaptive EQ
- DAB, DAB+ and FM Tuner
- High quality Bluetooth receiver
- RTC with battery backup
- Intuitive Rotodial control system
- Linear amplifier with Ruark NaturalSound+ driver
- High contrast OLED display with auto dimming
- USB-C charge and shuffle playback port
- Contoured polymer enclosure with acoustic treatment
- Hand-crafted slatted wood grille
- Adjustable EQ settings
- Easily customised for hotel use
- Improved power management with optional battery pack
- Optional remote control with 4 direct access pre-sets
- Stereo headphone output
- Easy-to-use comprehensive dual alarms
- Sleep function
- Power Consumption: 0.7W standby power; automatic standby after 20 mins, see user guide for more details
- Finishes: Light Cream and Espresso lacquers
- Dimensions: H175 × W130 × D135mm
- Weight: 1.5 Kg